A small kitchen fire broke out on the 21st floor of a retirement community home in La Jolla, prompting evacuations Friday.
It happened around 6:40 p.m. on the 8000 block of Costa Verde Boulevard. According to San Diego Fire Rescue (SDFD), the top three floors of the high rise have been temporarily evacuated.
The fire sparked when a chef sprayed cooking oil into a pan. The pan caught fire, setting off a ceiling fire alarm at Vi, a senior assisted living facility. The cook was slightly injured, according to SDFD.
The fire was quickly extinguished. No other information was immediately available.
Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.