This article is sponsored by Sharp HealthCare. It does not reflect the work or opinions of NBC San Diego’s editorial staff. To learn more about Sharp HealthCare, click here.
From sleep to exercise to regular day-to-day activities, shoulder pain can hinder just about everything in our lives.
And for many Americans it’s a chronic condition, with shoulder injuries being some of the most common reasons people see an orthopedic surgeon.
How do you know if you’re a good candidate for treatment? If the majority of these statements apply to you, it may be time to seek medical help for shoulder pain:
- Pain affects your ability to perform everyday activities
- Pain keeps you awake at night or affects your sleep pattern
- Pain affects you emotionally (makes you feel depressed or hopeless)
- Pain keeps you from doing the things you love and affects your quality of life
- You’ve exhausted reasonable over-the-counter remedies to manage discomfort
- Pain affects your overall health by limiting physical activities
Fortunately, Sharp HealthCare is here to help. If you or someone you love is suffering from shoulder pain, join Sharp at one of three free seminars to learn about the latest surgical and nonsurgical options for treating shoulder arthritis, torn rotator cuff or an unstable or frozen shoulder:
- Tuesday, March 22, 6 to 7:30 p.m. presented by Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center at St. Paul’s Plaza in Chula Vista, Calif.
- Wednesday, March 23, 6 to 8 p.m. at Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Thursday, March 24, 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Sharp Grossmont Hospital
Shoulder seminars will be presented by a board-certified orthopedic surgeon. The discussion will include the latest advances in shoulder arthroscopy and shoulder replacement, surgery preparation and recovery, and a Q&A session. To register for these events, visit www.sharp.com/shoulder.
Nationally recognized for excellence in total joint replacement, Sharp takes a comprehensive approach to shoulder treatment, partnering with patients and family members through the duration of their journey, from preparation to surgery to recovery. It’s all part of the extraordinary level of care called The Sharp Experience.
Don’t let shoulder pain hold you back any longer. To register for Sharp’s free seminar, visit www.sharp.com/shoulder or call 1-800-82-SHARP.