Caps will be flying for several weeks in San Diego as undergraduates wrap up their college careers.
While Point Loma Nazarene University students graduated on May 7, there are still several graduations to come.
San Diego State University’s (SDSU) commencement weekend began Thursday with the Imperial Valley Campus graduation. The university will host seven more ceremonies this weekend as over 9,900 students graduate.
The remaining commencement ceremonies will take place in the Viejas Arena:
- Friday, May 13 at 11 a.m. - College of Arts and Letters
- Friday, May 13 at 3 p.m. - College of Health and Human Services
- Saturday, May 14 at 8 a.m. - College of Business Administration
- Saturday, May 14 at 1 p.m. - College of Sciences
- Saturday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. - College of Engineering
- Sunday, May 15 at 9 a.m. – College Professional Studies and Fine Arts
- Sunday, May 15 at 2 p.m. – College of Education and the Division of Undergraduate Studies
For more SDSU graduation information, click here.
California State University San Marcous (CSUSM) is the next local graduation where nearly 2,680 students will be claiming their bachelor's degree.
The CSUSM Mangrum Track & Field expects crowds of families and friends during the five ceremonies split between May 20 and May 21.
The college commencements are scheduled as such:
- Friday, May 20 at 9 a.m. - College of Business Administration
- Friday, May 20 at 1 p.m. - College of Science and Mathematics
- Friday, May 20 at 4:30 p.m. - College of Education, Health and Human Services
- Saturday, May 21 at 9 a.m. - College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences (Section 1)
- Saturday, May 21 at 1 p.m. - College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences (Section 2)
For information about the weekend, visit here.
Just a day after CSUSM students celebrate their education, the University of San Diego Class of 2016 will move their tassels too.
USD’s undergraduate commencement is slightly smaller with exactly 1,300 graduating students, according to USD communication representative, Elizabeth Harmon.
Two graduation ceremonies in the university's Jenny Craig Pavilion will split the class on Sunday, May 22.
- Sunday, May 22 at 9 a.m. - College of Arts and Sciences
- Sunday, May 22 at 1 p.m. - School of Business and Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
Learn more about USD’s commencement events here.
Several weeks down the road, about 6,000 University of California San Diego (UC San Diego) students will also end their college education on RIMAC Field, according to UC San Diego's student affairs office.
UC San Diego will hold an all undergraduate commencement on June 11 at 10 a.m. then each college within UC San Diego will host their own ceremony.
The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, June 11 at 2 p.m. – Warren College
- Saturday, June 11 @ 5:30 p.m. – Sixth College
- Sunday, June 12 @ 8 a.m. – Marshal College
- Sunday, June 12 @ 11:30 a.m. – Revelle College
- Sunday, June 12 @ 2:30 p.m. – Roosevelt College
- Sunday, June 12 @ 5:30 p.m. – Muir College
To learn more about UC San Diego’s graduation weekend, click here.
For those who cannot attend the ceremonies, SDSU, USD and UC San Diego offer online live streaming options.