San Diego

Microwave Mishap Prompts Evacuations at San Diego International Airport

Food burned inside a microwave in a break room at the San Diego International Airport prompted evacuations at Terminal 1 Saturday, fire officials confirmed.

The San Diego Fire-Rescue Department (SDFD) said the microwave mishap happened around 1:30 p.m. and led officials to evacuate travelers from the terminal in case of a fire emergency.

No one was hurt.

Some travelers posted about the evacuation on Twitter, with one woman adding, “Good thing it’s nice out.”



Further details were not immediately released.

Contact Us