One Person Taken to Hospital in PB House Fire

An unattended candle may have have started a fire in a house in Pacific Beach Saturday.

Firefighters arrived on the 2000 block of Chalcedony Street near Lamont Street shortly before noon to see smoke and fire coming from the back of the house. The fire spread to the attic, forcing firefighters to cut a hole in the roof to create ventilation and put out the fire more quickly.

A woman was home at the time. Although she was not injured, she was taken to the hospital for unknown reasons, San Diego Fire Battalion Chief Ty Schimoguchi said.

While the exact cause has yet to be determined, the woman inside home told firefighters she thinks a candle started the fire.

Contact Us