The Oceanside Police Department (OPD) is hiring entry-level police recruits and is excited to welcome new members to its team, officials announced Tuesday.
Oceanside is 35 miles north of San Diego and offers a diverse community, 3.5 miles of public beaches, a 1,601-foot pier and amazing weather.
Lieutenant Leonard Cosby of the Oceanside department has over 30 years of experience in the field and told NBC 7 the OPD is looking for women and men who are interested in giving back to the community.
“It’s a great career. The amount of comradery we have, it’s really a family,” Cosby explained. “Getting to know the people in our community is the best part. Saving lives is about more than just keeping people from dying; it’s about extending hope and kindness into the community.”
Details of the job include:
- Paid academy tuition & supplies.
- Paid academy training at $23.43 per hour
- A $1,200 bonus for successfully completing the Police Academy
- After Academy graduation compensation $5,197 - $7,393 per month
- Bilingual premium offered (Samoan, Spanish, or ASL) of $1.73 per hour for employees who pass the bilingual examination
The lieutenant is encouraging all individuals interested in a rewarding career where they can serve and protect to apply.
The deadline to apply is Sept. 3, 2015, at 5 p.m. More information can be found on this website.