A gas leak has residents in Loma Portal evacuating their homes.
San Diego Fire-Rescue officials and San Diego Gas & Electric crews were called to 3123 Browning Street just after 10 a.m.
The location is near Rosecrans Street, approximately two blocks from Loma Portal Elementary School and half a mile from Point Loma High School.
Six homes were evacuated. Other residents were advised to shelter in place.
The elementary school was notified of the gas leak, officials said.
SDFD officials said private contractors struck a gas line, causing the leak.