After a fire broke out at the Jensen’s Food grocery story in Point Loma last month, an employee discovered that the whole thing had been captured on video.
The store owner Adam Zack says the fire broke out Jan. 20 after an electrostatic sanitizer that is used to sanitize their store was charging and the battery overheated, causing the explosion and starting the fire.
Zack said they were fortunate that one of their employees arrived at the store earlier than usual to get some work done and called 911 when the fire broke out.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames and managed to contain it in the corner from which it began.
Although no one was hurt from the incident, the office in the back of the store did suffer some water damage to their phone system, computers, printer, internet router among other things that the owner said would be fixed shortly.
“All in all, we have a lot to be grateful for, as this could have been much worse if it happened earlier in the day,” Zack said.
The store was able to resume their business as usual, except for the fact that they were only able to accept credit or cash. Debit, EBT gift cards and our Jensen's Rewards terminals were down due to the damages.