Not to name-drop or anything, but Bonita-raised drummer and multi-instrumentalist Ilan Rubin has played for Nine Inch Nails, Angels and Airwaves, Paramore and NOFX, just to list a few. He even has his own project called the New Regime.
With that kind of resume, you'd expect him to have collected quite the assortment of signature and custom gear. Based on everything that will soon be up for sale on the Official Ilan Rubin Reverb Shop at Reverb.com, that's exactly the case.
According to Reverb.com, he's acquired so much gear, that he's just not using it all.
"This equipment has been used on tour with Nine Inch Nails and Angels and Airwaves and in the studio for the New Regime. I'm parting with a lot of really good stuff. My loss is your gain!" he says in a video on the site.
For all of you gear-heads out there, here's some of the stuff he'll be selling with descriptions by the folks at Reverb.com:
- A Q Drum Co. cold rolled steel drum kit with a new Gentlemen Series snare used on the Nine Inch Nails Tension tour in 2013. The drum kit can also be seen on "VEVO Presents: Nine Inch Nails Tension 2013," as well as the band's Austin City Limits performance. According to Rubin, it's the only drum kit made by Q Drum Co. in the cold rolled steel material.
- A custom 2007 OCDP pink champagne sparkle drum kit used in the studio to record the New Regime's 2011 album "Speak Through the White Noise" and Angels and Airwaves' 2014 album "The Dream Walker." The kit was also used live on stage with Angels and Airwaves.
- A custom 2006 OCDP black and silver sparkle drum kit used in the studio to record Angels and Airwaves' "The Dream Walker" as well as the New Regime EPs "Exhibit A" and "Exhibit B."
- A 2012 Les Paul Special electric guitar used during Nine Inch Nails' 2014 Grammy performance with Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and Lindsey Buckingham, as well as on all Nine Inch Nails tours in 2013 and 2014. The guitar was also used on tour and in the studio with the New Regime.
- A Fender Jaguar Thinline electric guitar used in the studio with the New Regime. The guitar can also be seen the New Regime's "We Rise, We Fall" video.
The Official Ilan Rubin Reverb Shop goes live on Thursday, Jan. 17, so start saving up.
Rutger Ansley Rosenborg has been an Associate Editor at NBC SoundDiego since 2016. Find out more here, or contact him here.