Twelve soon-to-close Haggen stores across San Diego County have officially been acquired by grocery store chains.
Smart & Final has purchased 11 locations and Gelson's Market has secured one Carlsbad location.
These Haggen stores will now be operated by Smart & Final, the chain announced on Monday:
- 955 Carlsbad Village Drive, Carlsbad
- 9870 Magnolia Avenue, Santee
- 13439 Camino Canada, El Cajon
- 2800 Fletcher Parkway, El Cajon
- 10740 Westview Parkway, San Diego
- 2235 University Ave., San Diego
- 10633 Tierra Santa Blvd., San Diego
- 3681 Avocado Av., La Mesa
- 150 B Ave., Coronado
- 360 East H St., Chula Vista
- 350 W. San Ysidro Blvd., San Ysidro
Officials with Gelson's also announced on Monday that the chain had successfully bid on two Haggen locations in Southern California: one at 7660 El Camino Real in Carlsbad and the other at 30922 Pacific Coast Highway in Laguna Beach.
The official takeover of the Carlsbad store joins to two other San Diego County acquisitions; Gelson’s also successfully acquired Haggen stores in Del Mar and Pacific Beach.
“We have heard from many North County residents who have sought a Gelson’s store and we are pleased for the opportunity to serve Carlsbad in the coming months,” the news release said.
Since Haggen announced it was departing from Southern California, resulting in the shuttering of 25 San Diego County locations, a number of grocery store chains have made bids to buy the stores.
Gelson’s started in Burbank in 1951 and is known for its upscale atmosphere, restaurant quality meats and produce along with other higher end products.