The most colorful and Instagrammable spot in San Diego's North County is back.
The famous Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch, featuring countless rows of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus flowers reopened to the public on Tuesday.
This year's theme "Escape Into Color" is only fitting for the 50 acres of vibrant pink, red, orange, yellow, and white flowers, making it the perfect location for dates, photoshoots, family outings, or, to simply get into that spring feeling.
“The Flower Fields are truly a national jewel,” said Fred Clarke, general manager of The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch. “The season is one of the most spectacular and coordinated displays of natural color and beauty anywhere in the world. We are the springtime playground of family outings, first dates and even weddings. We are honored to not only be a part of the area’s local heritage but to also have our
annual burst of color be a part of so many individual family traditions…and photos!”
Get San Diego local news, weather forecasts, sports and lifestyle stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC San Diego newsletters.
The bold and bright flowers aren't the only thing visitors and nature lovers can expect to immerse themselves in. Visitors will be able to enjoy live outdoor music and other fun activities including:
- Tractor Wagon Ride
- Tickets can be purchased after you enter The Flower Fields and include an open-air and audio commentary of the history of The Flower Fields for visitors’ enjoyment. Tickets are $6 for adults and $3 for children.
- U-Pick Blueberries
- Enjoy the seasonal 2-acre U-Pick blueberry patch based on seasonal availability. Purchase 1-pint baskets for $5 each at the blueberry stand to enjoy the U-Pick experience.
- American Flag of Flowers
- Red, white and blue petunias are strategically planted on a 300 by 170-foot hillside pay tribute to the United States. It's surely a sight to see!
- The Artist Gardens
- Imagine your favorite painting transposed into a colorful garden using flowers as an art medium. The displays of spring flowers are as instructive as they are beautiful. Each illustrates how color can be used and enjoyed in gardens at home.
- Historic Poinsettia Display
- Stroll through memory lane, a 1,500 square foot greenhouse filled with the world-famous Paul Ecke poinsettias.
- Demonstration Garden
- The Flower Fields are lucky to have the Master Gardeners of San Diego County create its beautiful Demonstration Garden. This garden features 9 vignettes appropriate for small spaces or for those looking for earth friendly practices.
The Sea of Sunflowers is also set to debut in April or May.
So, how can you visit this renowned springtime attraction? The fields are located at 5704 Paseo Del Norte, Carlsbad, CA, 92008.
Do you need tickets to enter the fields? Yes. Single ticket admission is $22 for adults, $20 for seniors 60+ and military, $10 for children 3–10, and free for children under three. Season passes are $46 for adults, $42 for seniors 60+ and military, $20 for children 3–10. Group tours are also available.
When will the fields be open? The Flower Fields will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased on the flower fields' website.
Sign up for The Scene newsletter for the latest on dining, shopping and enjoying the San Diego area.