San Diego

Crews Cap Gas Line Break that Forced Evacuation, Shelter in Place Orders at Chula Vista Retirement Community

The line broke after it was hit by a golf cart.

Evacuation and shelter in place orders were issued at a Chula Vista retirement center after a gas line was ruptured nearby.

The line ruptured near Fredericka Manor Retirement Community on the 100 block of 3rd Avenue at around 3 p.m. after it was hit by a golf cart.

Chula Vista Fire Department (CVFD) officials said that gas was blowing into the air from the break.

Crews capped the line at around 5 p.m. The line powered a generator for the community, officials said.

No other information was available.

Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.

Contact Us