If you decide to enjoy the Halloween holiday with a couple drinks, a local law firm will pay for you to get home safely.
Defense Attorney Kerry L. Armstrong will pay up to $30 for your Uber, Lyft or cab ride home on Halloween night and several upcoming holidays like Thanksgiving Eve, Thanksgiving Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Armstrong told NBC 7 that, as an attorney, he has seen a “rash of people being killed by DUI crashes” in the last couple of years. Halloween will be the first holiday that Armstrong will pay for driver’s rides.
Here’s what you need to know:
• If you’ve been drinking, take an Uber, Lyft or cab and mail your receipt, a copy of your driver’s license and a PayPal email address within 10 days to:
Law Offices of Kerry L. Armstrong, APLC
Free Sober Rides Program
2214 Second Avenue
San Diego, CA 92101
• Rides must be taken in the City of San Diego and between 5 p.m. on the holiday and 10 a.m. the following day
• Valid for a one-way ride – only one per household
• Program will pay up to $30 for the ride (including the tip)
• Limited to the first 50 people to submit their receipts