Four people were displaced by a fire that burned into their attic in Rolando Tuesday night, San Diego Fire-Rescue officials told NBC 7.
The fire started in the home's garage in the 4400 block of Carling Drive just after 8 p.m. A tenant arrived home, smelled the smoke and immediately called 911.
When crews arrived, they found fire and smoke pouring from the roof of the single-family home. The flames reached the attic, but firefighters got there in time to save most of the residence.
No one was injured. The house is divided into two rental units, and all four people living there were told to find somewhere else to temporarily stay.
A fire captain said the American Red Cross was called out to help those displaced by the fire.
Officials have not yet determined a cause, but they were focusing on the washer and dryer connections in the garage.