San Diego

Worker Burned Trying to Extinguish Fire at Cabinet Shop

A worker suffered burns Monday after a fire sparked in a shop's paint booth and he attempted to put it out, officials said. 

The fire broke out around 4:27 p.m. Monday on the 100 block of N Glover Avenue at the site of a cabinet shop, fire officials said. It was put out shortly after. 

Chula Vista Fire Department (CVFD), San Diego Fire-Rescue (SDFD) and National City Fire Department (NCFD) officials responded to the fire, arriving to find the paint booth inside the shop engulfed in fire. 

As the man tried to put out the fire, he got burned. 

Smoke and fire could be seen from an attached shed.

The man was taken to the UC San Diego Burn Center, authorities said. It is unclear how severe the burn injuries are. 

No other information was immediately available.

Contact Us