Two apartment units at a complex in Point Loma were burned Thursday by a fire that started from an unattended barbecue, San Diego Fire-Rescue (SDFD) officials said.
The fire broke out at an apartment building at 4344 W. Point Loma Blvd. just before 4:30 p.m., according to SDFD.
Officials say an outdoor barbecue was left unattended with food on it, and the fire spread from an outdoor patio on the first floor, into the first-floor unit and up to the second-floor unit above.
No injuries were reported, but five adults were displaced from the two units, SDFD said.
Initial estimates of structural and content damages from the fire are around $225,000.
Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.