Electrical Fire Damages Imperial Beach Home

Four people escaped an electrical fire that started in the kitchen of an Imperial Beach home overnight.

Firefighters found flames shooting out of the windows and front door of the home on Delaware Street south of Imperial Beach Boulevard just before 1 a.m. Monday.

One tenant said the smoke alarm alerted residents to the danger. Everyone inside was able to get out safely, she said.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire in less than 30 minutes and keep it from damaging any other homes.

The damage done to the home includes three bedrooms, a living room and the kitchen, officials said.

The San Diego chapter of the American Red Cross was on scene to help the residents.

Contact Us