Businesses along Main Street in El Cajon were evacuated Thursday afternoon due to a natural gas leak in the area, El Cajon fire officials said.
The natural gas leak happened at approximately 2:30 p.m. Thursday on the 200 block of Main Street. Several hours later, crews capped the line.
Businesses on the south side of the 200 block of Main Street were evacuated, police said, though it is unclear how many were affected.
During the leak, the entire block was shut down to traffic.
One person complained of sickness.
It is unclear how many businesses will be without gas at this point, fire officials said.
No other information was immediately available.