From Balboa Park to shopping centers and food courts, San Diego will feel the music this month as local choruses present a series of pop-up concerts throughout the county.
Singers from the Choral Consortium of San Diego (CCSD) will perform throughout March, including the Escondido Choral Arts Children’s Chorus and the San Diego Jewish Men’s Chorus.
The next pop-up performance is planned for Saturday at 1 p.m. at The Hub Hillcrest Market at 1030 University Ave. There, the San Diego Gay Men’s Chorus will take center stage.
Other concerts in this CCSD series include:
• March 20 at 3 p.m.: San Diego Jewish Men’s Chorus at Paradise Senior Living (2700 East 4th Street, National City, CA 91950)
• March 20 at 3 p.m.: Escondido Choral Arts at Barnes & Noble (810 West Valley Pkwy., Escondido, CA 92025)
• March 24 at 12 p.m.: Sweet Harmony at the lunch court at Clairemont Square (3994 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. San Diego, CA 92117)
• March 25 at 1:30 p.m.: Pacificaires at Powerhouse Park (1600 Coast Boulevard, Del Mar, CA 92014)
• March 30 at 6:15 p.m.: Disciple Singers/San Diego Jewish Men’s Chorus at Westmont Towncourt Assisted Living Center (500 East Valley Pkwy., Escondido, CA 92025)
• March 30 at 7 p.m.: Disciple Singers/San Diego Jewish Men’s Chorus at Cypress Court Senior Living Facility (1255 North Broadway, Escondido, CA 92026)
[[203053351,C]] Carol Manifold, President of the Choral Consortium of San Diego, said the pop-up concerts are designed to expose the public to the many diverse choirs in San Diego. The CCSD includes 40 choral groups from around the county.
“By branching out of our traditional music venues, our goals are to increase the public’s awareness of our region’s many diverse choirs and to inspire the public to participate further in choral music, either as singers or as audience members,” said Manifold. “We also hope to encourage musical
experimentation while having a lot of fun.”
The series of mini concerts began with a performance last week from the San Diego Chorus’ Sweet Adeline International at the courtyard of the Old Globe at Balboa Park.
To learn more about the CCSD, visit this website.