The clothing store chain Charlotte Russe has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and announced plans to close 94 stores, including nearly a dozen in California.
CNBC reports that the company has more than 500 locations operating in the United States.
The women's apparel company expanded to include Peek Kids in 2016, both of which are currently open and continue to serve customers in store and online, a news release from the company said.
"The Company will provide more details about the plans for the closing locations of Charlotte Russe and Peek and their store closing sales in the near term," the release read.
These are the local Charlotte Russe stores planning to close:
- Grossmont Center, La Mesa
- MainPlace Mall, Santa Ana
- Westminster Mall, Westminster
- Oakridge, San Jose
- Valencia Town Center, Valencia
- Irvine Spectrum, Irvine
- Solano Mall, Fairfield
- Sacramonte Center, Daly City
- The Outlets at Tejon, Arvin
- Sepulveda Blvd., Culver City
- Inland Center, San Bernardino