A 2-month-old baby kidnapped by his mother and taken to Mexico is now back in the U.S. and admitted to Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego, the father told NBC 7 on Thursday.
Baby Maximus Garcia was kidnapped last Tuesday from the South Bay Womens Recovery Center in National City after a Child Protective Services (CPS) employee left the baby unsupervised with his mother Erika Ramos Saucedo.
Ramos, 36, did not have custody to Maximus. She fled to Mexico through the San Ysidro Port of Entry.
After a three-day search, authorities found both the mother and son safe in Mazatlán, Mexico. Since then, Maximus had been held at a foster home.
"Yesterday, I had a visit with my son and he has bad congestion. He was very nauseous and sleepy when I saw him," said Jose Garcia, the baby's father.
Garcia said no one has contacted him to let him know how Maximus is doing.
"I would appreciate a phone call tonight letting me know [my] son is okay and he's back safe but I don’t even get that courtesy call. I don’t," Garcia told NBC 7.
Saucedo was left alone with Maximus even though it was supposed to be a supervised visit, according to the National City Police Department (NCPD). CPS reported the kidnapping to the NCPD at 11:53 a.m. Tuesday, more than two hours after Maximus was taken.
"I don’t wish this upon [anybody] in this world," Garcia said.
He added that his son is suffering because someone else made a mistake.
Two (CPS) employees were placed on administrative leave, a spokesperson with San Diego County confirmed with NBC 7 on Tuesday.
The county is investigating the incident.
Meanwhile, Garcia said he will do what it takes to see his son.
"I don’t like it. I don’t like it at all. Tomorrow in the morning, I'm going to go seek answers if I can get any--where is my son is at? I need to know," he said.