Cigarettes thrown outside of a building window sparked a fire in downtown San Diego Friday.
San Diego Fire-Rescue crews were called to 1044 Seventh Avenue downtown at 11:30 a.m. for a fire inside a five-story commercial building.
Crews say smoke was showing from the second floor on arrival.
"It looked like an exterior fire," said Capt. Aide Barbat. "We noticed cigarette butts being discarded in the eaves."
Barbat said the department sent two truck companies to handle the fire. There was a potential for the fire to spread to other units in the building, Barbat said.
No injuries were reported.