Smoldering Electric Fan Causes Elementary School Evacuation - NBC 7 San Diego

Smoldering Electric Fan Causes Elementary School Evacuation

There was no fire and students were evacuated as a precaution, the school district said

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Army Sgt's Remains Return 69 Years After He Was KIA
    Google Maps

    A smoldering electric fan caused an elementary school in Paradise Hills to evacuate, a fire official said.

    Students at Paradise Hills Elementary School was evacuated around noon after people reported smelling and seeing smoke on campus, San Diego Unified School District spokeswoman Maureen Magee said.

    There was no fire and students were evacuated as a precaution, she said.

    The school had a scheduled half day Thursday and students were dismissed at the scheduled time, 12:30 p.m. Magee said.

    Firefighters determined an electrical problem with the fan caused the smoke, SDFD spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.

    Get the latest from NBC 7 San Diego anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android