ROAD AND FREEWAY CLOSURES
All roadways that were previously closed are now open.
As of Sunday, all evacuation orders have been lifted with exceptions to the following areas:
- Rancho Monserate Country Club (4650 Dulin Road, Fallbrook) - Area between 5200 Olive Hill Road and 5800 Olive Hill Road (Fallbrook)The two areas listed are remain closed to the public, except residents. Residents must show identification to enter those areas. SDG&E reminds residents to drive slowly, yield to emergency and utility vehicles, watch out for electrical hazards, and to report and steer clear of electrical wires on the ground. Other hazards to be aware of are trees and poles that are deeply charred or still smoking, as well as asbestos, heavy metals and chemicals on property. Utility damages should be reported to SDG&E.
- EL CAJON: Bostonia Park & Recreation Center (1049 Bostonia Street)* - SAN MARCOS: Palomar College (1140 West Mission Road)*
As of Saturday, the only shelters being used were the two listed above, according to the county. The East Valley Community Center in Escondido was closed Saturday afternoon and all others were closed in previous days.
The Del Mar Fairgrounds and the San Diego Polo Fields in Del Mar are open for large animal evacuations. After dark, all evacuations will be sent to the fairgrounds.
People bringing animals are asked to bring hay, halters and buckets if possible.
People who need assistance evacuating large animals should call the county's Department of Animal Service's 24-hour emergency dispatch at (619) 236-2341 or the San Diego Humane Society at (619) 243-3466.
For tips on evacuating animals during a disaster, visit here.
The Del Mar Fairgrounds Animal Evacuation Center is currently fully staffed with volunteers but a spokeswoman for the center said people who wish to volunteer on Friday can show up beginning at 6 a.m.
In addition, they are asking for donations of feed and bedding (shavings, etc) for the animals that are being sheltered from the fire (more than 100 have been brought in on Thursday).
People making donations or seeking to house their livestock at the center are asked to enter the East Stable Gate, which is the first gate off of Jimmy Durante Boulevard. For more information on how to volunteer visit here.
MONDAY SCHOOL CLOSURES
The following school districts confirmed closures for Monday, in light of the Lilac Fire:
- Bonsall Unified School District - Fallbrook Union Elementary School District - Fallbrook Union High School District
These school districts have confirmed school will be in session Monday:
- Bella Mente Montessori Academy (charter school) - Classical Academy and Classical Academy High School (charter schools) - Coastal Academy (charter school) - Epiphany Prep: Escondido campus (charter school) - Julian Union Elementary School District - Oceanside Unified School District - San Marcos Unified School District - Scholarship Prep (charter school) - Vista Unified School District - Warner Unified School District
Most districts had not confirmed if they would be holding classes or not by Sunday afternoon. The county says updates will be made here throughout the day once the following districts confirm:
- Carlsbad Unified School District - Escondido Charter High School (charter school) - Guajome Park Academy (charter school) - Heritage K-8 (charter school) - Julian Union High School District - Momentum Learning juvenile court and community schools (operated by SDCOE: Youth Day Center, Breaking Cycles North County, Innovations Academy of Empowerment, North County Technology Academy - Mountain Empire Unified School District - North County Academy (SDCOE-operated school) - North County Trade Tech High School (charter school) - Spencer Valley School District
- Cal State San Marcos will resume normal operations Monday - Palomar College reopen for classes on Monday - Mira Costa College has not confirmed whether classes will be held Monday.
Legoland California will be closed Friday out of consideration for employees affected by the recent fires. The aquarium and hotel will remain open.
The County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) is closing the following Oceanside and Fallbrook facilities on Friday, Dec. 8 due to the Lilac Fire:
- North Coastal Family Resource Center, Aging and Independence Services, and Child Welfare Services located at Union Plaza Court in Oceanside - North Coastal Public Health Center located at 3609 Ocean Ranch Boulevard in Oceanside - Fallbrook Community Resource Center at 202 West College Street
The VA Oceanside Clinic is closed and all appointments are canceled for Friday, Dec. 8.
Day Programs at the Arc of San Diego in nonprofit will be halted until further notice.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The Bonsall Post Office, 5521 Mission Road, Bonsall 92003 has reopened for business. The post office was temporarily closed due to evacuations caused by the Lilac wildfire. Letter carriers will be delivering all mail and parcels that could not be delivered on Friday and Saturday due to the fire, along with Monday’s mail.
The YMCA of San Diego County branches were open and free to the public all weekend. To find a location, visit here.
San Diego Gas & Electric has charging stations set up for people without power due to gusty winds. Stations are set up at:
- Caltrans Park and Ride, Lot 29, 7838 Japutal Valley Road, Descanso CA (North of the intersection of Highway 79 and Interstate 8) - Lake Morena Community Park, 2550 Lake Morena Drive, Campo CA 91906
Due to the fire, several North County Transit District (NCTD) routes were halted. A full list of routes affected can be found in the Breeze section.
The county was reminding people seeking information about the fire to call 211 and that 911 should only be used for emergency situations. In addition, officials are stressing that the 211 line is only for people directly impacted by the fire and that residents of other areas should not be calling that number.
San Diego County was looking for volunteers for their 211 call center. For more information on how to help them and other organizations across the county, visit here.