The arraignment of Deputy Richard Fischer on five new felony counts was delayed, according to the San Diego County District Attorney's Office.
Fischer was booked Thursday morning on three charges of assault and battery by an officer, one charge of oral copulation by force and one charge of burglary, according to prosecutors. All five are felony counts.
The prosecution revealed details of one of the latest assault allegations against Fischer, saying he allegedly went to the home of a 51-year-old woman at 9:30 p.m., forced her against her will into a bedroom and forced her to perform a sexual act.
Fischer's defense team requested the arraignment be delayed because his primary attorney, Manny Medrano, was out of town. The judge agreed to delay the hearing until August 27, but shut down some of the defense's other requests.
The defense requested the judge not the media to cover the case because the latest allegations against him are "claims of opportunity" by alleged victims who would see Fischer on TV. The prosecution argued that Medrano already put his client on display when Fischer defended himself alongside his wife in an exclusive interview with NBC 7's Artie Ojeda in July. That motion was denied.
Fischer's attorneys also asked that his cell phone be returned -- it was taken from him following his arrest on Thursday -- because it may have privileged information between Fischer and his attorney on it. That request was also denied.
The judge also kept Fischer's bail at $2 million after the defense requested a reduction.
Prior to this, Fischer faced assault and battery under the color of authority criminal charges in connection with 13 women who have accused the six-year veteran deputy of kissing, hugging, and inappropriately touching them.
Fischer said the claims against him are false and he prays each night that his good name will be cleared and exonerated.
“These charges are simply untrue. They are false,” Fischer said in July. “These false allegations are extremely hurtful and disheartening.”
Fischer was arrested Feb. 22 and charged with 15 criminal counts that include assault and battery under the color of authority for alleged incidents that happened between 2015 and 2017.
The new criminal charges include three separate women and cover the following dates:
October 5 to 6, 2017: Assault and Battery by Officer
September 9, 2017: Assault and Battery by Officer
Sometime between March 27 and April 4, 2017: Assault and Battery by Officer, Burglary and Forcible Oral Copulation
Fischer is awaiting trial on charges of groping or touching women who had called 911 for help or were in custody, prosecutors said.
NBC 7 has reached out to his attorney for comment on the new charges.
Fischer remains on unpaid leave from the sheriff's department pending the outcome of the investigation.
In addition to the criminal counts filed by the DA's office, Fischer has been named in multiple civil lawsuits and complaints. So far, more than 20 women have accused Fischer of inappropriate behavior and groping. At least 21 civil claims have been filed against the county from alleged victims.
Last week, NBC7 reported a new claim that, if true, contradicts the Sheriff Department's assertion that Sheriff Bill Gore was never notified about complaints against Fischer until late 2017.
Gore told NBC7 in December 2017 that his office opened criminal and administrative investigations as soon as they learned of the accusations against Fischer.
"There is no sweeping anything under the carpet," Gore said. "We did move quickly. We removed him from his job very quickly as soon as we heard of these allegations."
Check back for updates on this developing story.