Several cars were damaged when an auto shop in Grantville went up in flames Friday night.
Mission Gorge Auto Shop and Upholstery caught fire just after 8 p.m. and by the time firefighters arrived it was engulfed in flames.
The San Diego Fire Department said crews could only fight the flames from the front and sides of the building.
Some of the shop's metal walls started to buckle under the high heat but the structure didn't collapse, firefighters said.
Investigators said they were concerned about gasoline and other hazardous materials commonly found in automotive businesses adding fuel to the fire.
An employee was in the shop when the fire sparked but they made it out uninjured.
The shop is located at 5959 Mission Gorge Road. No nearby businesses were damaged.
No other information was available.
Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.