San Diego

Woman Injured in Apartment Fire Caused by Candle in Spring Valley

A woman was sent to the hospital after suffering burn injuries from a fire that was started by a candle in her apartment, confirmed San Diego County Sheriff Lt. Norton. 

The apartment complex fire started in Spring Valley around 9:40 p.m. Friday night at the 9000 block of Jamacha Road and was fully contained around 10:50 p.m., according to San Miguel Fire and Rescue. 

San Miguel Fire and Rescue arrived at the scene and evacuated residents of the apartment complex.

Officials report that the fire started in a bedroom at a downstairs unit where eight family members lived. 

The victim was reported to be a woman in her 30's and was transported to UCSD Burn Center for burn injuries, Craig said.

No information was given on the extent of her injuries.  

The Red Cross is at the scene assisting those who were displaced.

San Miguel Fire and Rescue, Heartland Fire and Rescue, and the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department assisted in the fire.  

No other information was available.

Please refresh this page for updates on this story. Details may change as more information becomes available.

Contact Us