I'm sure everyone has very specific music memories. The first concert you saw, the first time your heard a specific band or genre of music, a music video or documentary that changed you in some small way. Such it was the first time I was exposed to the Band's "The Last Waltz." It opened my eyes and ears to music I'd never experienced, even though it was decades old the first time I saw it. The feeling of that magical and historic night has been repeated and emulated many times over. Tonight, catch San Diego's version of it at the Casbah. Led by local legend Gary Heffern, he'll be joined by other veteran performers like Ray Brandes and Cindy Lee Berryhill in what should be a magical night. Around town, Duster have reunited for a tour with a stop at Soda Bar, Old Order lead a night of new wave at Bar Pink and Richard Thompson Electric Trio return to the Belly Up.
Monday, Jan. 28:
- Gary Heffern's "The Last Waltz" featuring Ray Brandes, Cindy Lee Berryhill, David Doyle, David Fleminger, Victor Penalosa and Kevin Ring; the Dils; Manual Scan; Executives @ Casbah
- Duster, Quali, Calcutta Kid @ Soda Bar
- Old Order, Germaine Seed, Hurricane Kate @ Bar Pink
- Motown on Mondays @ The Office
- Richard Thompson Electric Trio, Ryley Walker @ Belly Up
- CFA, Rival Karma, Midnight Track, Delma, TS Leone @ Tower Bar
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Blue Monday Dark '80s Night @ Blonde
- Bas, Rexx Live Raj, Innanet James, Correy C @ Soma
- Rosie's Jazz Jam with Louis V @ Rosie O'Grady's
- Casey Stickley @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy and Nathan @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- Whitney Shay @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.