There is no anti-Super Bowl sentiment here but there are some folks who just aren’t into it.
“My team didn’t make it (read that Chargers) so I’m really not that interested in watching” says Christine Caprioli, hair stylist at A Better Body in San Diego. In fact she and her family are thinking about perhaps leaving town for the day and taking a trip to say Disneyland or Knotts Berry Farm?
So here’s a list of six Super Bowl Sunday alternatives that you might enjoy while others are losing their voices cheering the Steelers and the Cardinals on!
Why not take advantage of the fact that you’ll probably be in the minority when it comes to people NOT watching the game, which means the places, which are usually crowded—won’t be.
- Amusement parks—Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Magic Mountain
- Go local—Julian, experience the cool days, snuggly cold nights.
- Casinos—Viejas, Barona, Sycuan and more
- Oscar—movie marathon, catch up on all the movies nominated for Best Picture: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Milk, or The Reader or Slumdog Millionaire or Frost/Nixon. check out the new releases like “New in Town” starring Renee Zellweger, a chick-flick to counter the Super-Bowl audience, ya think? or catch up on your favorite Tivos or DVR favorites.
- Ski Big Bear or if you have it in you to travel further, Mammoth
- Just dip it! —Temecula Olive Company, only you don’t have to go all the way to Temecula if you don’t want there’s on in Old Town. From olive oil, to soaps to clothes to salsa, it’s all good.
So make it a great Super Bowl Sunday.