Everyone knows that summer is peak concert season in San Diego but with so many shows piling up on our calendars, it might come as a surprise that there is one particular upcoming evening that could very well be described as "the biggest music night of the summer" -- and it's Aug. 28.
Hear us out: There is literally a huge concert for nearly every genre going down on that particular Wednesday night. Let's take a look, shall we?
- Chula Vista's North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre rocks out with a triple-header consisting of Smashing Pumpkins, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and AFI.
- Looking to relive your glory years? Head to SDSU's Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre for the classic-rock double whammy of ZZ Top and Cheap Trick.
- Satisfy your reggae cravings at the Observatory North Park with Protejé and Lila Iké.
- Afro-fusion singer/songwriter Burna Boy headlines downtown's House of Blues.
- In the mood for croon? Get lost in Chris Isaak's baby blues when he headlines Humphreys Concerts by the Bay.
- Sycuan Casino Resort gets in on the action with disco/funk giants Kool & the Gang and the Village People.
- Soda Bar blows up (and is sure to sell out) with the critically acclaimed, Madrid-based reggaeton artist Ms. Nina.
- Too young to hang at bars? Head to the Irenic, the all-ages North Park church, for indie-rock group Hot Flash Heat Wave.
- Even Tom DeLonge ventures out of his top-secret UFO research lair for an Angels & Airwaves show (the first of four local shows in three months!) at the Belly Up.
See what we're saying? And of course, that's just a small sampling of what'll be going down in town when Aug. 28 rolls around. For a full list of the night's shows, stay tuned for Rosemary Bystrak's in-depth daily show listings right here on SoundDiego.com.