Think of it as San Diego’s Academy Awards of Philanthropy. Stay Classy.org and NBCSanDiego want to recognize people, charities and businesses that have gone above and beyond to give back to our community.
”The Classy Awards are an opportunity to recognize exemplary work in the non-profit industry,” said Scot Chisholm, CEO of StayClassy.org, “we’re excited to establish this event here in San Diego and look forward to it’s growth in the future.”
Other categories include:
- Most Innovative Use of Technology by a Charity
- Most Creative Fundraising Event by a Charity
- Most Popular Cause Awareness Campaign
- Most Substantial Impact by a Small Charity
- Most Significant Impact by a Business
- Most Generous Contribution by a Small Business
- Best Individual Fundraising Effort
- Best Individual Volunteering Effort
- Most Creative Fundraising Event Hosted by an Individual
"The voting turnout for these awards has been amazing," said Pat Walsh, CMO of StayClassy.org, "Since we announced the top finalists in each category three days ago, more than 5,000 people have cast their votes. We've got some very close races, particularly for Charity of the Year."
The event begins with food, cocktails and music from Gregory Page and his quartet at 8 p.m. Mat Diablo from 91X will host the awards ceremony starting at 9:15 p.m.
Since this is a presentation of Stay Classy, they suggest classy attire. It’s a Roaring 20’s theme so get out your zoot suit or flapper dress.
You can secure your tickets now. Tickets are $40 before November 8. The week before the event, tickets will be $50. The night of the awards, tickets will be $60.
Also, the U.S. Grant offers guests of the awards ceremony a discount rate for the weekend. Simply mention you’re attending when you book your room.
Voting ends on November 13, and the winners in each category will be announced at the Classy Awards on November 14. (Vote here now)