It's a new year and if you've resolved to see more live music, you can start today! In the afternoon, maybe get a nice walk in on your way to the Spreckels Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park, where you can see Civic Organist Raul Prieto Ramirez play the first show of 2019. If you're slow to rise or you're one of the many who opted out of rookie night last night and are ready to party tonight, look no further than Bar Pink. Tonight is a super special show because former San Diegan Keith Sweaty is coming back to town. Now married (to Lorna Dune, also on tonight's bill) the musician, producer, creator, sound engineer, and all around awesome guy has spent the past couple years touring extensively and settling down in the Pacific Northwest (for now). Joined by Mystery Cave and Bruin, this is gonna be a cool show but also a chance to reconnect with our old pal. Around town, you have a spattering of shows but most venues (Casbah, Soda Bar, Belly Up, the Observatory North Park, House of Blues) are all dark tonight, so check around before you head out to make sure your favorite spots are open.
Tuesday, Jan. 1:
- Keith Sweaty, Shamanest, Lorna Dune, Auz Fontaine, Mystery Cave, Bruin @ Bar Pink
- Dawn of the New Year with DJ Drama @ Fluxx
- New Year's Day Concert with Civic Organist Raul Prieto Ramirez @ Spreckels Organ Pavilion (free, 2 p.m.)
- Karaoke @ Space
- Musical Artistry of Singers & Songwriters @ Winston's
- Lovelife After-Party @ Blonde
- Casey Hensley @ Humphreys Backstage Live
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.