When Soda Bar, Belly Up and Casbah are all closed on the same night, San Diego certainly can feel a little empty, but fortunately, we've got venues all over town, so if you want live music, you can certainly find something great. Personally, I can't get enough of Veronica May these days. Her songs will make you cry and the Office can be really great on a Monday. If you're looking for a bigger show, 311 rolls through House of Blues with Zebrahead. Around town, Kimmi Bitter plays at De Oro Mine Co., and of course, you've always got Electric Waste Band at Winston's. For anyone who had Casbah tickets to Lo Moon, that show has been moved to May.
Monday, March 5:
- Veronica May Band, the Rogue Pilots @ The Office
- 311, Zebrahead @ House of Blues
- Kimmi Bitter & the Night Howls, Willis Farnsworth @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Unsung Genius: Trivia & Karaoke @ The Merrow
- Motown on Monday @ Bar Pink
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Coast 2 Coast Live Interactive Showcase @ Brick by Brick
- Blue Monday @ Blonde
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- '80s with Junior theDISCOpunk @ The Brass Rail
- Movie Night with Beau @ Pour House
- Shelle Blue @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation: Underground/Chill Hip-Hop @ Whistle Stop
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- Margarita Monday & Salsa Night @ Tio Leo's
- Military & Industry Mondays @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.