For a minute there it appeared that Quartyard was ready to relaunch with live music, but at the last minute, the Moose Blood show was moved to the Irenic. What happened exactly, I don't really know, but it still looks hopeful that they will be launching live events in their new space soon -- just not tonight. For what it's worth, this is still a great show to catch tonight, and the UK band has some great support in Lydia and McCafferty, too, so get yourself to the Irenic. It is a tough call though, because Titus Andronicus hasn't been here in a hot minute and they put on an amazing show, so Soda Bar beckons as well. At Casbah, you can catch a local lineup lead by our buddies Pumphouse. Whatever you might choose, your Monday will certainly not suck if you get out to catch a live show.
Monday, April 2:
- Moose Blood, Lydia, McCafferty @ Irenic
- Titus Andronicus, Rick Maguire from Pile @ Soda Bar
- Pumphouse, Los Pinche Pinches, Roode @ Casbah
- Dumbfounded @ Soma Sidestage
- Doc Hammer, Sweet Girl, Nasalrod (with Spit Stix of Fear) @ Tower Bar
- Motown on Monday @ Bar Pink
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Ryan Zimmerman Music @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Karaoke with Christine @ Navajo Live
- '80s with Junior theDISCOpunk @ The Brass Rail
- Chet Cannon @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation @ Whistle Stop
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Margarita Monday with Salsa and Bachata Dancing @ Tio Leo's
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Open Mic @ Peabody's Encinitas
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.