Apparently, I didn't get the memo that we're just extending New Year's Day to the second, because there are just not a lot of options for live music tonight. Maybe catch Ash Foster, who usually hosts an open mic at El Dorado, when she performs tonight at Tin Roof, or hope that pianist Paul Gregg is doing his usual Wednesday nights at Sycamore Den -- or even catch Robert Allen Shepherd at Crossroads at House of Blues. But I have to be honest.... It appears that a lot of people stopped working before Christmas and maybe have events listed inaccurately on their sites, so before you go anywhere, double check and make sure those calendars are legit. I made not one, but two errors yesterday, because while there was a concert at the Organ Pavilion, it was not with the civic organist, and then Keith Sweaty's show at Bar Pink was in the afternoon, not at night like I was led to believe. But I can only share the information I can access, so maybe in 2019, we can all resolve to keep our calendars up to date. Tomorrow, most of your favorite bars and venues are back, so hang tight tonight, jump on an open mic or grab the mic for karaoke, and get back to shows tomorrow.
Wednesday, Jan. 2:
- Wild Country Wednesday @ Moonshine Beach
- Ash Foster @ Tin Roof
- Paul Gregg @ Sycamore Den
- Kultura Wednesdays @ Border X Brewing
- Dance Klassique with Joe Pea, Ryan Bauer, Gomez @ Blonde
- Open Mic Night @ Pour House
- Robert Allen Shepherd @ Crossroads, House of Blues (free)
- Karaoke @ Bancroft Bar
- Open Mic with Jefferson Jay @ Winston's (6-9 p.m.)
- Live Music @ Henry's Pub
- Trade Winds @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Open Mic/Open Jam @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.