It's the 29th year of Poway OnStage's one-night-only performances, and for the 2019-2020 season, the intimate North County venue is going pro.
From Friday, Oct. 4, to Sunday, May 17, 2020, Poway OnStage's Professional Performance Series will bring Melissa Etheridge, Steve Poltz & Jack Tempchin, Jake Shimabukuro and many more to the 800-seat theater.
With 12 performances in all spanning some eight months, there's plenty for everyone and for every schedule.
“We are passionate about bringing powerful live performances to our patrons and our community,” Poway OnStage President and CEO Michael Rennie said in a press release.
“The Poway Center is an intimate and accommodating venue in which to showcase an eclectic selection of outstanding talent, both known and emerging. It is a joy doing what we do,” he added.
Etheridge recently headlined San Diego Pride and Shimabukuro always makes the rounds at Humphreys, while Poltz is a Belly Up regular at this point.
Tempchin, Poltz' opener on Nov. 2, co-wrote a number of Eagles' songs, including "Peaceful Easy Feeling."
Looking for the full lineup? Check it out below.
- Friday, Oct. 4: Jake Shimabukuro
- Saturday, Oct. 12: Back to the Garden in 'Monterey ’67 Revisited'
- Saturday, Nov. 2: Steve Poltz with Jack Tempchin
- Friday, Nov. 15: Melissa Etheridge
- Saturday, Dec. 7: John Tesh
- Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020: Elvin Bishop and Charlie Musselwhite
- Saturday, Feb. 29, 2020: Winter Dance Party: a Tribute to Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper
- Saturday, March 7, 2020: Rosanne Cash
- Friday, March 27, 2020: Catapult Shadow Dance Company
- Friday, April 10, 2020: Drum Tao 2020
- Sunday, May 17, 2020: Leahy
Rutger Ansley Rosenborg is an editor and digital marketer at NBC's SoundDiego. Find out more here.