An electrical spark is being blamed for starting a fire that swept through a house in North Park.
The fire started around 3:30 p.m. on Friday afternoon in the 3600 block of Pershing Avenue, not far from Balboa Park. Flames engulfed the structure. It took crews about 15 minutes to put out the fire, but the home was destroyed.
Luckily no one got hurt.
Wood was being refurbished inside the home at the time of the fire, according to investigators. They said an electrical spark igniting vapors from the chemicals being used during the construction work may have started the fire.