I warned you that many of our usual night spots would be taking the day off for Memorial Day, but luckily, there are still some signs of life for those of us who work weekends and need a night out. I definitely would like to steer you to Soda Bar, where Seattle musician Briana Marela performs. Her songs are dreamy and ethereal and will make you feel like little fairies are dancing around you and your unicorn. Humphreys Backstage hosts queen of boogie woogie Sue Palmer, Blonde has a tribute night and even Space has a show, so you're actually in very good and capable hands tonight if you feel the urge.
Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day):
- Festival of the Sea @ San Diego Maritime Museum
- Briana Marela, Giveaway (Lora Mathis), Language of Flowers @ Soda Bar
- Sue Palmer @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Lords of the New Church Nite (Live Tribute) at Blue Monday: Dark '80s Night @ Blonde
- The Playground Monday Night Dance Party @ The Merrow
- Lion's Law, Rude Pride, Midnight Track, Slaughter Boys @ Space
- Motown on Mondays @ The Office
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Sexy Salsa & Sensual Bachata @ Tio Leo's
- Wonder @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Strictly Acoustic @ Navajo Live
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.