What’s the one thing fashionistas love more than seeing the latest trends? Making them their own, of course!
Enter the Fashion Week San Diego (FWSD) Trunk Show, held at La Valencia Hotel Sunday morning. Even a healthy dose of Southern California rain couldn’t dampen this brunchtime afterparty, marked by a common look of “we did it!” relief.
With the runway shows wrapped, designers had a chance to “let their hair down” and chat with guests looking to take a closer look at their designs, as well as offer up their designs for sale. I really enjoyed another opportunity to visit with the designers, beauty professionals, FWSD interns and volunteers, and fellow style enthusiasts I’d met over the last few days.
Food. Fun. Lifestyle. Features. All in America's Finest City.
There’s a unique sense of community around this event that feels very special, and when I spoke with designer Quynn of Quynn Atelier, she echoed.
“Fashion Week San Diego really fosters the camaraderie between designers over our several months together – unlike other Fashion Week programs I’ve been a part of, where it’s just ‘come in and out and show your collection’," said said.
The annual FSWD awards are also announced at the Trunk Show, and serve as another reminder of just how many people and organizations contribute to its continued success. Congratulations to all this year’s winners!
- “Art and Beauty Behind Fashion” Favorite Runway Look: Danielle Strohm
- Sponsor Partner: La Valencia Hotel
- Beauty Team Partner: Bellus Academy
- Beauty Professional: Michael Soberanes, Gila Rut Salon
- Blogger Appreciation Award: Jenna Pilant
- Individual Appreciation Award: James Montejano, Executive Chef – La Valencia Hotel
- Volunteers: Caitlin Worrell and Kelly Kirk, Weza and James, Gia Sullivan and Mel Makaric
- Intern: Michelle Roman
- Models: Victoria de la Cruz (1st Place), Natalia Fulton (2nd Place), Andy Brigle and Nicki Smith (3rd Place)
- 2015 Top Designer: B.JASH.I
- 2015 Second-Place Designer: Tasanni
- 2015 Third-Place Designer: Territa Torres