Stoopidheads, save the date: Slightly Stoopid -- the beloved San Diego Music Award-winning, Ocean Beach-based reggae/rock band -- has announced an upcoming summer tour, and they're kicking it off with an all-star cast of genre luminaries at Embarcadero Marina Park North on Saturday, June 1.
Billed as the "How I Spent My Summer Vacation 2019 Tour," the Miles Doughty/Kyle McDonald-led group has enlisted Matisyahu and two other local behemoths in the reggae/pop-rock scene -- Hirie and Tribal Seeds -- for the upcoming cross-country trek. While the June 1 show technically kickstarts Slightly Stoopid's big three-month, 28-stop road trip, the hometown show differs from the rest of the dates on a couple of different fronts.
For one, the show is billed as San Diego Bayfest, and in addition to the aforementioned artists (aside from Matisyahu, who will not be performing), also features Fortunate Youth, Don Carlos and Band of Gringos. Expecting to draw more than 7,000 attendees, the festival also promises gourmet food, arts and crafts, craft beer, cocktails and wine -- basically all the stuff every outdoor San Diego fest offers.
The second main difference is ticketing: Unlike the other shows listed on the summer tour, there will be no pre-sale tickets available to Slightly Stoopid fanclub members for Bayfest. Tickets to the 18-plus festival are officially on-sale now to the general public for $40 (plus fees) at this link.
With Stoopid, Tribal Seeds and Hirie on board, the tour serves up a heaping scoop of San Diego's ever-popular reggae/pop/rock scene across the nation. Over the years, each band has enjoyed their own share of big local, sold-out shows, as well as a ton of love from the SDMAs -- in 2017 alone, Hirie won Best World Music Album (and performed at the gala) while Tribal Seeds took home Artist of the Year.
The Embarcadero Marina Park North show and subsequent tour follows the 2018 release of "Everyday Life Everyday People," the Slightly Stoopid's 10th studio album. And as expected, they have been nominated for multiple SDMAs at this year's March 11 House of Blues ceremony -- Artist of the Year, Song of the Year and Album of the Year.
Slightly Stoopid Summer 2019 Tour Dates
- June 1: San Diego, CA - SD Bayfest @ Embarcadero Marina Park North
- June 6: Saint Augustine, FL - Saint Augustine Amphitheatre
- June 7: Pompano Beach, FL - Pompano Beach Amphitheater
- June 8: Cocoa, FL - Riverfront Park
- June 9: Key West, FL - Key West Amphitheater
- June 13: Baltimore, MD - MECU Pavilion
- June 14: Gilford, NH - Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion
- June 15: Westbrook, ME - Maine Savings Pavilion at Rock Row
- June 16: Camden, NJ - BB&T Pavilion
- June 21: Portsmouth, VA - Union Bank & Trust Pavilion
- June 22: Raleigh, NC - Red Hat Amphitheater
- June 27: Pittsburgh, PA - Highmark Stadium
- June 28: Boston, MA - Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion
- June 29: Asbury Park, NJ - Stone Pony Summer Stage
- July 11: Bonner, MT - KettleHouse Amphitheater
- July 12: Boise, ID - Outlaw Field at Idaho Botanical Garden
- July 13: Bend, OR - Les Schwab Amphitheater
- July 14: Redmond, WA - Marymoor Amphitheater
- July 19: Patchogue, NY - Great South Bay Music Festival
- July 21: Chicago, IL - Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- July 25: Kansas City, MO - Crossroads KC
- July 26: Dallas, TX - Bomb Factory
- July 27: New Braunfels, TX - Whitewater Amphitheater
- July 28: Houston, TX - The Lawn at White Oak Music Hall
- Aug. 2: Avila Beach, CA - Avila Beach Golf Resort
- Aug. 3: Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre
- Aug. 10: Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl
- Aug. 17: Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater