October is a good month to be a kid in San Diego: local museums and other popular attractions are offering free admission to kids all month long.
The popular “Kids Free in October” program returns next month, giving kids a chance to play around town for free – and parents a chance to save some cash.
The San Diego Museum Council says the fun and educational program, presented by ScholarShare, runs Oct. 1 through Oct. 31 and offers free admission to children ages 12 and under at more than 40 museums, with a paid adult admission.
To cash in on the freebie, parents will have to download this coupon online for each visit to each museum. One coupon is good for up to two free child admissions with one full-price paid adult admission.
Participating museums include:
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Cabrillo National Monument
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (galleries only)
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children's Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum (theNAT)
- Santa Ysabel General Store
- Serra Museum
- The New Children's Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- The Water Conservation Garden
- Tijuana Estuary
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carillo Ranch House
- Women's Museum of California
Other attractions offering free admission to kids in October include the San Diego Zoo (free for kids ages 11 and under), the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (also free for kids ages 11 and under) and LEGOLAND California, offering kids a free 1-day pass with a paid adult pass through Oct. 31.
Belmont Park, located near the boardwalk in Mission Beach, will also offer freebies for kids in October, including one free kids wristband with the purchase of an adult unlimited ride wristband. Check out coupons for other kid-friendly fall freebies here.
Meanwhile, San Diego’s Old Town Trolley sightseeing tours will offer kids free rides in October with a paid adult.
This makes us never want to grow up.