San Diego, you have continued your reign as the craft beer capitol of America.
Karl Strauss was honored as the best mid-size brewery in the nation and 17 other medals were awarded to San Diego breweries in the 2016 Great American Beer Festival over the weekend.
BNS Brewing & Distilling in Santee won two medals: a gold medal for its Ole Prospector Red Ale in the Amber/Red Ale category and a silver medal in the Imperial Stout category for its Gatling Gun Imperial Stout.
Here are the other local winners:
- Solana Beach’s Culture Brewing Co. won a gold medal for its American-Style Brown Ale, “Brown.”
- Karl Strauss won a gold medal for its Sour Ale, “Queen of Tarts;” a gold medal for its “Windansea Wheat; a bronze for its “Mosaic Session IPA;” and a bronze in the English Style Summer Ale category for its “Liquid AC.”
- San Diego’s Societe Brewing Co. won a bronze medal for its Stout, “The Volcanist.”
- San Diego’s Alpine Beer Co. won a bronze medal for its Pale Ale, “HFS.”
- San Diego’s AleSmith Brewing Co. won a gold medal for its Barley Wine-Style Ale, “AleSmith Old Numbskull.”
- San Diego’s Pure Project won a bronze medal for its Belgian-Style Lambic or Sour Ale, “Roes Red.”
- San Marcos’ Rip Current Brewery won a gold medal for its Bock, “Breakline Bock.”
- San Diego’s Duck Foot Brewing Co. won a silver medal for its chili beer, “The Contender IPA with Fresh Chilis.”
- San Diego’s New English Brewing Co. won a bronze medal in the coffee beer category for its Zumbar Chocolate Coffee Imperial Stout.
- Vista’s Mother Earth Brew Co. won a bronze medal for its “Mother Earth ESB” in the Extra Special Bitter category.
- San Diego’s Second Chance Brewing Co. won a gold medal for its Robust Porter the “Tabula Rasa Toasted Porter.”
- San Diego’s Benchmark Brewing Co. won for its Session Beer, “Oatmeal Stout.”
You can check out the full list of winners here.