FA LA LA LA LA: La, La, La, LA! Speaking of LA, we stumbled upon a list of locations you can feel authentically-winter-time in Los Angeles. Though you won't find too many Angelenos caroling door to door, there are plenty of places to spot the cheerful, festive singers. Warm up those vocal chords--me, me, me, me--, and get familiar wth some Christmas classics because you can--and should--sing along. If you’re searching, look no further than this list:
- Holiday Music at the Marketplace in Long Beach: Live holiday music and caroling on Saturdays and Sundays from November 27-December 19, 12 p.m.-4 p.m. Free
- Music Center Holiday Sing Along: A group of singers has already been practicing, but you are certainly welcome to sing along with these carolers in Downtown Los Angeles. December 17 from 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Free. Note: Capacity is limited so first come, first served!
- Christmas Caroling at the Grove: Strolling carolers at the Grove outdoor mall next to the LA Farmer’s Market. The Grove is a prime location to spot celebs and this event is no exception. Rumor has it that Santa Clause, himself, will be there and--get this--he loves photo-ops (for $15). Everything else, like the caroling, is free.
- Christmas Events at the LA Farmer’s Market: In addition to strolling carolers, which--let’s face it—is all we really need, visitors can also decorate crafts, listen to Christmas stories, celebrate Hanukkah or hear some Caribbean holiday tunes. Don't be alarmed if the Yuletide Carolers sneak up on you and start belting out "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," because most likely, they will. December 18-24. Free.
- Holiday Sing-Along with the Angeles Chorale at the Disney Concert Hall: What more do you need to know about it than that it's at the Disney Concert Hall? Though the singers may be somewhat professional, lyric sheets will be provided to all to sing along! December 18 at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Cost: $25-$75. Note: Book early, it sells out!