It has been a really busy week and there are definitely a ton of shows coming up this week that are worthy of your attention -- but tonight is relatively low-key, making your obvious live music choice Ana Tijoux at the Belly Up. The singer/songwriter/rapper finds a unique place in music while mixing styles and cultures in her music. She is currently nominated for three Latin Grammys and has been nominated and won before. Your best bet is to set your sights on North County tonight.
Sunday, October 12:
- Casbah Presents: Ana Tijoux, the Earful @ The Belly Up
- Rat Sabbath @ Bar Pink
- Young Rebel Set, Kera & the Lesbians @ Casbah
- S (Jenn Ghetto of Carissa's Wierd), John Meeks, Lone Madrone @ Sycamore Den
- Spanish Sundays: Danny @ Croce's Park West
- Kirk Franklin Gospel Brunch (11:00 a.m.) @ House of Blues
- The Pretty Reckless, Adelitas Way, Falling Through April @ House of Blues
- Stellita (10:00 a.m.), Jazz Festival (6:00 p.m.) @ Humphrey's Back Stage
- Jason Scheff and Friends @ Lestat's
- New West Guitar Group featuring Sara Gazarek @ The Loft
- Uke-Hunt, Skipjack @ Soda Bar
- TRC Sound System @ U-31
- Jose Sinatra hosts O.B.-o-ke @ Winston's
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and The North Park Theatre, and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.