It's not going to come as any big surprise that this isn't a big week of touring acts, but there still are a handful coming through this week. Tonight at the Observatory, post-rockers Mogwai take the stage, while Tijuana's Jenny and the Mexicats play the Casbah, "mixing rhythms of jazz, rockabilly, folk, flamenco, reggae, son veracruzano, country and cumbia". Plus, our buddies Marujah are opening the show to make fofr an extra fun night. Locals AJ Froman headline Soda Bar and it's Ladies' Night at The Office with Veronica May and Julia Sage. This will mostly be a dance party and DJ kinda week, so get out for live music while you can.
Monday, Nov. 20:
- Mogwai, Xander Harris @ Observatory North Park
- Jenny & the Mexicats, Marujah @ Casbah
- AJ Froman, Hot Mustard, Z Etc. @ Soda Bar
- Veronica May Band, Julia Sage & the Bad Hombres @ The Office
- Motown on Monday @ Bar Pink
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Prince vs. Michael Jackson Dance Party @ Blonde
- Will Parsons @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Musical Monday @ Martini's Above Fourth
- Karaoke with Christine @ Navajo Live
- '80s with Junior theDISCOpunk @ The Brass Rail
- Movie Night with Beau @ Pour House (Oceanside)
- Fuzzy Rankin @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation: underground '90s, chill hip-hop, board games @ Whistle Stop
- Salsa & Bachata Dancing @ Tio Leo's
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- All That! A Mostly '90s Thang with DJ Girth @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.