We only exist here at SoundDiego because of the great live music scene in San Diego, so we're excited to head to the House of Blues tonight for the annual San Diego Music Awards. There's been some online talk about the volume of the room, so go to the party, enjoy the show, but maybe try to show some respect to the presenters and winners while they give their acceptance speeches so we can shake this bad reputation? After the show is over, head to the Casbah for a free show with Ziggy Shuffledust & the Spiders from Mars. If you're bowing out of the awards altogether, Liza Anne plays a show at Soda Bar and Chrome appear at the Merrow.
Monday, March 19:
- San Diego Music Awards featuring P.O.D., Trouble in the Wind, Sure Fire Soul Ensemble, Berkley Hart, Whitney Shay, Parker Meridien @ House of Blues
- SDMA Official After-party with Ziggy Shuffledust & the Spiders From Mars @ Casbah (FREE)
- Liza Anne, Valley Queen @ Soda Bar
- Chrome, Teach Me, Hurricane Kate @ The Merrow
- Motown on Monday @ Bar Pink
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Wolves Wolves Wolves Wolves, Allweather, Bad Idols, City Windows @ Tower Bar
- Blue Monday @ Blonde
- James Brandon Lewis & the Android Trio, Inus, Fistfights with Wolves @ Space
- Tobi d'Amore @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- '80s with Junior theDISCOpunk @ The Brass Rail
- Missy Andersen @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation: Underground '90s & Chill Hip-Hop @ Whistle Stop
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- 31 Flavors @ U-31
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.