I don't know what it is about Japanese bands, but I've yet to see one that I didn't find super endearing. Tonight, Chai play at the Casbah, and I have a strong feeling that this show is going to be exceptional. On the way opposite end of the spectrum, blues legend Buddy Guy plays at California Center for the Arts Escondido. At Soda Bar, catch Washington's indie rockers He Is We, and Peaking Lights headline Blonde. You don't have a ton of live music options this Monday, but you can certainly have a great night out if you know where to look for it.
Monday, March 12:
- Chai, With Age, Kitty Plague @ Casbah
- Buddy Guy, Brandy Zdan @ California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- He Is We, Heather Nation, Thea Tochihara @ Soda Bar
- Unsung Genius: Trivia & Karaoke @ The Merrow
- DJs Angie and Claire @ Bar Pink
- Let the Good Times Roll: A Night of Laughing and Dancing for Temple Solel @ Belly Up
- Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
- Makossa Mondays with DJ Tah Rei @ Seven Grand
- Blue Monday presents Peaking Lights, Minor Gems, Oak Palace, DJs Camilla Robina & Aaron Wallace @ Blonde
- James Ian @ De Oro Mine Co.
- Andy Anderson & Nathan Fry @ Martini's Above Fourth
- '80s with Junior theDISCOpunk @ The Brass Rail
- Mercedes Moore @ Humphreys Backstage Live
- Electric Relaxation @ Whistle Stop
- Wheels of the Industry @ Live Wire
- Open Mic @ Lestat's
- Acoustic Night/Industry Night @ Henry's Pub
- EMOnday @ U-31
- Military & Industry Mondays @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.