I can't lie and say you've got a whole lot of options Tuesday, but there are enough fun things to get you off of your couch and out on the town. The Music Box reverts to its former self, transforming into a room for jazz as it welcome the Bad Plus with Joshua Redman. Meanwhile, local space-rockers Nebula Drag perform at Soda Bar, and the Fink Bombs get stinky behind their masks as they keep Tiki Tuesday alive at Bar Pink. The big indie show of the night, however, is Ezra Furman & the Boyfriends, who are touring on their third record, "Perpetual Motion People," and appear at the Casbah. Of the record, Consequence of Sound says, "There's the rebellion of '90s indie rock, a string of sunshine-y '80s pop and the snarl of '70s punk." Among some music tastemakers, this is a top show this December. I trust them, and hope that you do, too.
Tuesday, Dec. 8:
- Ezra Furman & the Boyfriends, Guy Blakeslee (of the Entrance Band) @ Casbah
- Tiki Tuesday with the Fink Bombs @ Bar Pink
- Nebula Drag, Space Wax, Cold Threat @ Soda Bar
- The Bad Plus, Joshua Redman @ Music Box
- Generik, 10-19 and J. Treel, ID, Ric Scales, Max Carnage @ The Merrow
- The Cadillac Wreckers @ Humphrey's Backstage Live
- Gio and Diamond @ Croce's Park West
- MC Funk @ Winston's
- Train of Thought @ Queen Bee's
- Rockabilly Tuesdays with Big City Dawgs @ Henry's Pub
- High-Tech Tuesdays @ Kava Lounge
- 710 Country Night @ 710 Beach Club
Rosemary Bystrak is the publicist for the Casbah and writes about the San Diego music scene, events and general musings about life in San Diego on San Diego: Dialed In. Follow her updates on Twitter or contact her directly.