This week, Sara Bareilles and Interpol dominate the list of new releases, for New Music Tuesday -- post Labor Day edition. Interpol, returning to the indie label that first signed them, unloads their 4th studio album (self-titled) without adored bassist Carlos D in tow -- although, he recorded on the record. hmmm. While staying true to their Joy Division stylings, can Interpol reclaim the title of one NYC’s most-heralded post-punk / indie bands of the 2000s?
Singer / songwriter Sara Bareilles releases the follow-up to her major label debut, 2007’s Little Voice, with Kaleidoscope Heart, featuring her poppy first single, “King of Anything”. Playing House of Blues at the end of the month with former San Diegan, Greg Laswell, Sara recently stopped by the 102.1 / KPRi studios for the following interview and performance (which includes a cover of Beyonce’s “Single Ladies”) :
Other notable releases today :
• Anberlin, "Dark Is the Way, Light Is a Place" (Universal Republic).
• Antony and the Johnsons, "Thank You for Your Love" (Secretly Canadian).
• Bachman & Turner, "Bachman & Turner" (RBE Music/Fontana).
• Sara Bareilles, "Kaleidoscope Heart" (Epic).
• Helmet, "Seeing Eye Dog" (Work Song).
• Interpol, "Interpol" (Matador).
• Brendan James, "Brendan James" (Decca).
• Jerry Lee Lewis, "Mean Old Man" (Verve Forecast).
• Robyn, "Body Talk, Pt. 2" (Cherrytree/Interscope).
• Stone Sour, "Audio Secrecy" (Roadrunner).