You hear that, San Diego? That's the sound of Humphrey's By the Bay dropping their annual 2015 summer lineup on our unsuspecting calendars.
In addition to the few stellar concerts already on its docket, the luxurious 1,400-seat live-music venue situated on prime San Diego Bay real estate just announced its full schedule for 2015 – and, boy, it's a doozy.
Fans of Interpol, Steely Dan and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds have already swarmed the venue’s website, snatching up tickets to those soon-to-be sold-out shows (if they're not already). Prepare your calendars (and pocketbooks) though, because some of the biggest names in music are coming through Humphrey’s Concerts By the Bay this year.
The summer concert series that runs from April 9 through Oct. 31 includes such classic rock legends like the Moody Blues, America and Michael McDonald; blues-rock staples Joe Bonamassa, George Thorogood & the Destoyers and Boz Scaggs; along with megastars such as Brian Wilson (with Rodriguez!), Mark Knopfler and Diana Krall.
Music fans can also rejoice about some other choice acts on the schedule including John Butler Trio, G. Love & Special Sauce and and the B-52s. This year, there are also some interesting shows featuring iconic and beloved UK artists that are sure to be popular among the indie-rock crowd like Ride (a reunion 20 years in the making), Echo & the Bunnymen, UB40 and Spandau Ballet.
Love soul music? You'll get to witness Mavis Staples on July 21 and even if you left your heart in San Francisco, legendary crooner Tony Bennett welcomes you with open arms on May 14.
Besides music, Humphrey's has assembled a top-notch comedy lineup as well, with Jim Gaffigan, Norm Macdonald, Kevin Nealon, Bill Maher and Paula Poundstone. We can't wait to get our laugh on: "Hooooot pocket!"
It also looks like the venue, which celebrates its 34th anniversary this year, has gone back to the well for artists that peppered its 2014 lineup including Ingrid Michaelson, the Piano Guys, Jo Koy, Chris Isaak, Lyle Lovett, the Turtles, Boston, Dave Koz, Amos Lee, Doobie Brothers, Chicago, Air Supply, Gordon Lightfoot, the Beach Boys and Tower of Power -- so if you missed any of them last year, now's your chance to do the right thing.
For more info and to purchase tickets, visit Humphrey's website here.
Humphrey’s Concerts By the Bay 2015 Summer Concert Series Schedule:
- April 9: Interpol (sold out)
- April 16: Ride
- April 18: Steely Dan (sold out)
- April 19: Steely Dan
- May 5: Michael McDonald
- May 6: The Moody Blues
- May 12: The Piano Guys
- May 14: Tony Bennett
- May 15: The Waterboys
- May 16: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
- June 3: The Doobie Brothers
- June 12: Ingrid Michaelson, with Jukebox the Ghost
- June 18: George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Brian Setzer's Rockabilly Riot Tour
- June 19: Brian Wilson feat. Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, with special guest Rodriguez
- June 28: Smash Mouth, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Tonic
- July 2: John Butler Trio
- July 5: Indigo Girls
- July 7: David Gray, Amos Lee
- July 9: Boz Scaggs
- July 20: Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
- July 21: Mavis Staples and Patty Griffin
- July 22: Happy Together Tour with the Turtles
- July 24: Big Head Todd & the Monsters, G. Love & Special Sauce
- July 26: Jim Gaffigan
- July 27: Boston
- July 28: Boston (night two)
- July 29: Steve Miller Band
- July 30: Spandau Ballet
- Aug. 2: Bill Maher
- Aug. 6: Echo & the Bunnymen
- Aug. 7: Kevin Nealon, Norm Macdonald
- Aug. 9: Melissa Etheridge (solo)
- Aug. 10: Chris Isaak
- Aug. 15: The B-52s
- Aug. 20: Orquestra Buena Vista Social Club
- Aug. 22: Jo Koy
- Aug. 24: Diana Krall
- Aug. 26: Joe Bonamassa
- Aug. 28: Joe Bonamassa (night two)
- Sept. 3: Pink Martini
- Sept. 6: The Gipsy Kings
- Sept. 11: Paula Poundstone
- Sept. 20: The Beach Boys (6 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. shows)
- Sept. 21: Mark Knopfler (sold out)
- Sept. 25: Dave Koz and Rick Braun
- Sept. 26: Air Supply
- Sept. 30: Chicago
- Oct. 2: Tower of Power
- Oct. 3: Gordon Lightfoot
- Oct. 4: The Mavericks
- Oct. 7: The Dark Star Orchestra
- Oct. 9: Jesse Cook
- Oct. 11: UB40
- Oct. 16: America
- Oct. 17: Joan Armatrading (solo)
- Oct. 31: Jake Shimabukuro